The Tib bar, also known as a Tibia bar or Shin bar, is a simple yet effective tool that can help you target your lower leg muscles and improve your overall fitness.
It’s an increasingly popular piece of workout equipment thanks to Knees Over Toes Guy.
In our view, a Tib bar is one of the best bang-for-buck workout tools to improve knee and ankle mobility and longevity.
After researching and testing various Tib bars, we have identified the top options that can help you bulletproof your legs and knees with this amazing workout.
In this post, we will provide a review of the most popular Tib bars, including pros and cons, to help you make the best buying decision.
Let’s dive in!
Best Tib Bars
When looking for the best Tib bar, there are a few critical factors to consider. The most important is the material used to make the bar.
Tib bars can be made from a variety of materials, including steel, aluminum, and plastic.
Steel is the most durable but can be heavy, while aluminum is lightweight but may not be as sturdy.
Be sure that the product you end up buying is rated for how much weight you expect to lift.
WINBOX Tib Bar
If you’re looking for a portable and high-quality tib bar for your leg strength training, the WINBOX Tib Bar is a top option.
- Designed for easy assembly and disassembly with high-quality steel and powder coating
- Professional fitness equipment with a strong clamp and comfortable foam cushion support that holds up to 150 pounds of weight
- Beneficial to stretch and strengthen your tibialis anterior, reducing the risk of injury to calves, ankles, and feet and lower risk of developing shin splints and stress fractures
- The pads are awkwardly far apart, and the base of the plate holder is way too low, so feet hit the weight
- Certain Olympic plates don’t fit
- The plastic weight collar that comes with the product is not durable
The high-quality clamp keeps the weight plates fixed and prevents them from slipping off the bar during exercise.
Regular use of the tibialis bar can help increase performance in running, sprints for football, bounce, diving, and jumping.
The unit weighs approximately 5 lbs overall and fits 2 inch Olympic size weight plates.
The tib bar is made of alloy steel and has a black powder coating.
The package comes with a tib bar and extra foam padding, and the manufacturer offers a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase.
Some users expressed issues with certain limitations, such as the awkwardly far apart pads and the plastic weight collar’s durability. However, this was not the case in our experience.
AmazeFan Tib Bar
If you’re looking to strengthen your tibialis muscles and improve your overall leg strength, the AmazeFan Tib Bar is another great option.
- The tib bar is designed to specifically target and strengthen your tibialis muscles, improving balance, agility, and reducing the risk of sports injuries.
- Regular use of this tibialis training bar can help enhance your athletic performance by improving your speed, strength, and power.
- The tib bar comes with 4 foam pads for added comfort during your workout sessions. The foam pads also help in reducing pressure on your shins and ankles.
- The bar may be too awkward to use as a makeshift leg extension with any appreciable weight.
- The bar may lean to one side, creating muscle imbalance long term.
- The foam tubes may slide off too easily.
We’ve found that the AmazeFan Tib Bar is a versatile piece of equipment that can be used for a variety of workouts.
It’s designed to be detachable and portable, making it a perfect addition to your home or gym workout routine.
You can easily carry it in your bag and work out wherever you want.
The tib bar is made of aluminum and is black in color.
The product is easy to assemble and use, and it’s a great value for the price.
EAS1SOOPE Tibialis Bar
If you’re looking for a professional tibialis anterior muscle exercise machine, the EAS1SOOPE Tibialis Bar is a great option.
It’s perfect for training the shin muscles and strengthening the tibialis anterior, which can help with explosive running, sprints for football, bounce, diving, or snowboarding.
- The EAS1SOOPE Tibialis Bar helps to strengthen the muscles, tendons, and ligaments surrounding the ankle while simultaneously stretching and increasing the ankle’s range of motion.
- Made of heavy gauge, welded, solid steel, the tib bar comes equipped with a high-quality clamp that secures the weight plates tight to the base to prevent movement while in use.
- The tib bar is incredibly durable, won’t bend or crack with heavy use or over time, and is suitable for continuous rough use in professional gyms.
- The EAS1SOOPE Tibialis Bar has a relatively short loadable sleeve length of 7″, which may not be suitable for those who want to use larger weight plates.
- The tib bar is relatively heavy, weighing approximately 7 lbs overall, which may make it difficult to move around or store.
- The dimensions of the tib bar are length of 16″, width of 14″, and height of 8″, which may not be suitable for those with limited space.
Overall, we highly recommend the EAS1SOOPE Tibialis Bar for anyone looking for a professional tibialis anterior muscle exercise machine.
The tib bar is incredibly durable and well-made, making it perfect for continuous rough use in professional gyms.
Its ability to strengthen the muscles, tendons, and ligaments surrounding the ankle while simultaneously stretching and increasing the ankle’s range of motion makes it a great investment for anyone looking to improve their athletic performance.
SEWD Tib Bar
If you’re looking for a tib bar to add to your home gym equipment, the SEWD Tib Bar is a great option to consider.
- The high-quality steel construction and padded foam make for a comfortable and safe tibialis anterior training experience.
- The SEWD Tib Bar is easy to set up without any extra tools. Simply tighten the screw at the end of the steel stick, place the weights on the tib bar, secure the weights with the strong clamp, and you’re ready to work out your legs.
- This tibial trainer effectively trains your tibial muscles and develops the strength of the long extensor of toes and the muscles of the anterior calf, which greatly lowers the chance of calf, ankle, foot, and knee injuries.
- The SEWD Tib Bar is not ideal for isolating quads.
- Some users may find the foam used to pad against the shins to be too thin.
- The stop for the weight on the device may be too close to the padded bar for some users.
We’ve been using the SEWD Tib Bar for a few weeks now, and we’re happy with our purchase.
The tib bar is made of high-quality steel and is padded with comfortable foam, making it a pleasure to use.
Setting up the tib bar is a breeze, and we appreciate that we don’t need any extra tools to get started.
We’ve noticed a significant improvement in our calf and shin strength after just a few weeks of use.
However, some users may find the foam used to pad against the shins to be too thin.
Also, the stop for the weight on the device may be too close to the padded bar for some users.
Overall, we recommend the SEWD Tib Bar for those looking to add a tib bar to their home gym equipment.
It’s easy to set up, comfortable to use, and effectively trains your tibial muscles.
LoGest Adjustable Tib Bar
If you’re looking for a durable and versatile tib bar, the LoGest Adjustable Tib Bar is a great option.
- The heavy-duty steel construction and thick foam cushions ensure long-lasting, comfortable use.
- The adjustable design accommodates different foot sizes.
- The equipment can be used to strengthen multiple areas of the legs, improving balance, speed, and preventing injuries.
- The product may not fit in all gym bags when unassembled.
- Some users may need to modify the product to fit their needs.
- One user reported receiving a product missing a foam pad.
We recently had the opportunity to use the LoGest Adjustable Tib Bar during our leg day workout routine.
We were impressed with the sturdy construction of the product and the comfortable foam cushions.
The adjustable height feature was also a plus, allowing us to customize the equipment to our individual foot sizes.
However, we did notice that the product may not fit in all gym bags when unassembled.
Additionally, some users may need to modify the product to fit their needs.
One user reported receiving a product missing a foam pad.
How To Use A Tib Bar
Setting up the tibialis bar is relatively straightforward.
First, add the desired amount of plates to the end of the device.
Then, carefully attach the Tib bar to your ankles while sitting on a bench or elevated surface.
Be sure, your legs are hanging off the edge of a surface to provide sufficient range of motion.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a tib bar enhance tibialis anterior training?
By using a tib bar, you can isolate this muscle and perform exercises that effectively strengthen and tone it.
What are the benefits of using a tib bar for leg workouts?
It helps to improve ankle mobility, reduce the risk of ankle sprains, and improve overall lower body strength, in addition to preventing muscle imbalances.
How can the use of a tib bar improve overall lower body strength?
By using a tib bar to target this muscle, you can improve overall lower body strength and stability.
What should be considered when selecting the appropriate weight for a tib bar?
Starting with a lighter weight and gradually increasing as you build strength is recommended. Aim to complete 10-15 reps per set and see how you feel towards the end of each set.
How does the Solo Tib Bar compare to other tib bars on the market?
The Solo Tib Bar is a popular tib bar model, but it is up to twice as expensive compared to the products we reviewed above.